Friday, November 11, 2011
11/11/11
11 is my fave number. I love its symmetry, it's perfect straightness, the order and non-messiness of it. Entering a race and having an "11" somewhere in my race number always makes me especially happy (but I'm pretty much happy when I get any kind of double number....like my last race I was #202--happiness!!!). Even the number assigned to my garbage can issued from the city has an 11 in it and that made me know the universe is looking out for me. Yeah, this is really kind of a goofy little thing, something a 7 year old would probably find joy in. But life can throw some weird things at you so when something this simple can make my heart smile....I just go with it. And since 11:11 happens in the time twice a day (and if you count 1:11.....bonus!)....well, how much more simple can you get?!?!? Which brings me to the point of this post. 11/11/11. I HAD to celebrate. I've been planning to celebrate this for a couple of years now. Especially since it fell on a Friday. Oh yeah. P-A-R-T-Y. So, we invited a bunch of friends, offered them some food and beverage. And they showed up. Boy did they show up! We had such a fun time, such a great crowd. Our house was packed. Such a great reminder that we have made some really terrific friends since we have moved here. A night of adults only conversation. A fun reason to gather. Plenty of trivia/raffles/prizes for all things 11. And we ran around in the cold with sparklers in the front yard at 11:11pm. Could you ask for more?? Thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate! You are eleven-durful!!! (instead of one-derful...get it??)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment