I love Thanksgiving. Throughout the year I try to let people know that I appreciate them even if it is just a random "thinking of you" text so I love how there is a holiday devoted to being thankful for all the important things in life. To start off our celebration, the entire family went on a run....well, I ran, the hubby ran while pushing 70lbs of boys and jogging stroller around the 'hood, and G1 rode her bike. It was a beautiful morning and I love when we can get out together doing fun stuff like this. Next we headed over to our friend's house where we ate some incredibly delicious food. We have decided it was the best turkey we have ever eaten. Everyone else must have agreed with us because there was not a ton of turkey leftovers! I think W had five slices of it! (did I just devote three sentences to turkey meat?!?!?!) The best part of the day was just getting to talk and hang out while the kids played beautifully together!
 |
| What a great looking bunch! |
On Friday, Grandma and Grandpa F. flew into town and we began our family celebration. We watched football, did a lot of hanging out, and went to the local light parade that kicks off the holiday season. And of course we made time for another big Thanksgiving meal. We have some friends that are really great about having us over at the holidays when their family is in town. So we reciprocated and had them plus their visiting family over plus had a couple of other people. 15 of us in all made for a great night of conversation and a couple of games.
 |
| The awesome cooks who made this meal happen. |
And of course to end the holiday weekend we set up and decorated our tree (actually we split the task over several sessions which helped me keep my patience levels in an acceptable and appropriate range! Putting up a tree with kids is no easy task!) The kids love this tradition and it's so fun now they are all old enough to get involved and have opinions in the hanging of the ornaments. I am loving my kids at their ages right now---we are just having so much fun!!
We are now ready to celebrate the holiday season---let the festivities begin!
1 comment:
You look AWESOME!!! I love your gray and black shirt. Proud of you for letting the kids have "opinions" about decorating.
Post a Comment