Saturday, November 5, 2011

Just Cuz

27 degrees.  12 degrees windchill. Icy, snow packed roads. Runners totally wiping out and sliding into the ditch.  But here we are, my sweet running friend Michelle and I, dressed up like Bat girls and ready to run a 1/2 marathon.  I wish you could see the cape I was wearing in this picture....I visualize it looking really awesome blowing behind me as I ran (Michelle confirms it looked awesome!).  As you can see in the picture, there were 500 other crazy people running with us on this cold morning.  What you cannot see in the picture is the fact that there were a lot of people dressed up like Super Heroes .  I think it's because they all still have their ski coats and snow pants on at this point.  It was really cold I'm telling ya!  The icy roads didn't allow for such great times but it sure felt good to get out and go for what will probably be one of my last longer runs of 2011. 
Just had to post a pic of the entire Bat Crew. 
My racing buddies.

No comments: