Friday, December 16, 2011

Dancing Queen

Ballet costume--no videos of this dance
 but it was SO SO cute!
 I loved it and her class
 nailed it---they looked awesome!
G1 loves to dance....ballet, tap, jazz, and new to her this year, hip-hop. Last week-end she was in our local performance of The Nutcracker as a Cherub. She did a beautiful job but sadly, I have no pictures or video of the event that include her! The costumes are rented and shared so they are only briefly allowed on the kiddos which means I never even saw her in it off stage. And there was no videoing allowed so I followed the rules and hence, I will only have the memories in my mind. G1 did a great job and knew her entire piece very well. She had two performances in one afternoon/evening so it was a super busy day!
Then after two days off from dancing, she started in on preparations for her own studio's dance recital. She was in three dances and she did amazing! The team she is on this year looked awesome and we loved watching her perform! I thought all of her costumes were so cute and this time around I got to take some pics!
Tap dance
The videos are taken during dress rehearsal, so that is why there is talking or you can hear the teacher's counting. The girls are given no help during the actual recital....and they always do great! We have the most videos of G1 being up front from her tap dance so we will put a few of these for you to see.
FYI: G1 gets all her "shaking" skills
from her father

Hip Hop costume


Just a short clip of this dance.  G1 is in the back during this section but it gives you an overall feel for the dance.  This is a great dance in its entirety and G1 has been enjoying learning some hip hop technique this fall.  Another special part of the night....thanks to our sweet friend and her daughter who came to watch G1 perform!  Means a lot to us since there are no Grandparents or family close enough to attend these events on a regular basis!  Made G1 feel important having an audience just for her!

No comments: