Thursday, October 20, 2011

Vegas


My friend Jessica and I have started a really nice little tradition of seeing each other every year....I don't think we have missed many years since both of us got married ions ago. For a while it wasn't so hard, I mean, we somehow ended up living in the same state that neither of us were natives of. How convienient! Then I moved and we both add kids to the mix and things started to become a little more complicated.....but we have still made it work out most years. This year, we decided to try something a little different----a Girls weekend in Vegas. I had never been so she was the (appointed by me) expert and designated trip planner (just so i don't sound overbearing and bossy, she LIKES to plan trips!). Truly a vacation for me since pretty much all I did was show up for a fun filled week-end! Check out Jessica's post about our trip because I think she sums it up fantastically! Way better than I am going to do here!  But I'll still give it a try.  Another little bonus was that a friend from here was also heading to Vegas for a different purpose so I had someone to fly with and chat with during the long airport lines---wow---a weekend full of uninterupted conversations!

Jessica & I started out our first night in Vegas a little bit on the wild side.....a late dinner and in bed by 11pm.  WHOA there---Mom's in Vegas alert! We both woke up pretty early but forced ourselves to sleep in.  The next morning, we headed to our first official destination--the wax museum.  This was totally Jessica's idea but I was 100% game.  I had no clue how much fun we were going to have. 
My Other Brad.  Don't tell Angelina we cropped her out of the picture. 

If you have a few minutes and want to be amused by how much fun we had posing with the wax figures, the awesome slide show Jessica put together can be found at the following link.  And just so you know....we weren't the only people at this place getting crazy posing with the celebreties. 

If you have ever been to Vegas, you know it is filled with a ton of shopping.  We hit a wide variety of stores and took our time browsing without having to search for kiddos who were hiding in the clothes racks and other fun Mom stuff like that.

I am kind of sad I did not buy this hat.  I'm not sure where I would wear
 it as I don't have the personality to be able to pull this off at storytime. 
But in Vegas it seemed like a great idea.
 
Another hat I really liked.
Well since I'm in Vegas, I HAVE to gamble right?  I found some penny slots and went to town.  I lost a whole $1.90.  I think it took me about $1.75 to figure out how to work the machine.  
 A huge theme of our trip seemed to be eating.  Jessica did a fantastic job of researching great places and all of our food was FABULOUS!  Eating out with Jessica is fun because she is a foodie and knows how to order.  I felt like a country girl who didn't know what half the stuff on the menu meant!  Guess I need to expand my palate from grilled chicken and steamed vegetables.  I did know how to read the dessert menu though...

Another first for me was a champagne brunch.  Let's just say I am a quick learner and really enjoyed myself. The buffet (at first glance) seemed a little pricey.  But, we got our money's worth by staying and enjoying the food for about 4 hours.  Yep, you read that correctly.  We ate for 4 hours.  This was not typical buffet food---so delish! 
Our trip was way too short.  We could have talked for several more days I am sure.  It is so nice to have a friend who you don't have to explain things to.  Who loves you unconditionally.  And who doesn't flinch when you make your 21st trip to the buffet.  Thanks Jess for planning a great trip!  Can't wait to see you again soon!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I LOVE how you summed up our trip! And it was so much fun hanging out with you. The 21st trip to the buffet line made me laugh out loud. Guess that means I went at least 22 times since I surely ate more than you. Ha! I do love you - unconditionally - and cherish our friendship!

Nic and Lauren said...

What a fun trip! I have loved hearing all of your hilarious stories. You make me laugh! What a great tradition to do with your best friend!