Thursday, May 19, 2011

Cruising: Belize City

This cruise had back to back port days that were a bit exhausting!  But, we didn't want to miss out on any adventures so once again, we were off, this time to Belize
The plan was once again to snorkel.  Belize has an extremely long barrier reef that extends approximately 185 miles along the entire coast of the country.  This means lots of beautiful underwater scenery.  We headed out to Goff's Caye.  The entire Island is supposedly an acre but it felt way smaller than that! 
Goff's Caye--reportedly an old Pirate hangout due
to it's location along the channel
Have we said Happy Anniversary yet today? 
The locals in Belize were probably my favorite.  I met this really odd fellow who goes by the name "BBC".  After I purchased his slate art, he gave me some of his poetry and wrote his address on it telling me to write him a letter.  I plan to send a postcard to see if it will actually get to him.  He wrote down something like " I reside at mile 51 1/2 western hwy".  Proof that no matter where I go in the world, I seem to find the crazy characters.

1 comment:

Cassie and Lou said...

Can I just say how incredibly jealous I am?! Looks like you guys had a great time! How was Roatan and Belize? Lou and I have been talking about going to those two places for a couple years now.