
In my old age, I've become quite the bird fan. We have a normal feeder in the yard and a hummingbird feeder up on the window which has provided a lot of up close views of the little birds over the past several years. It's pretty funny because we will be eating dinner and someone will shout out "hummingbird" and we all fly (man, I'm really funny!) over to the window to catch a glimpse. So, we decided to head out to a really cool little hummingbird banding event. They do various kinds of research on the hummingbirds like tracking their where abouts and who returns and when they return. Here is a really cool pic (and a scene that was repeated over and over) and a video of the event. In the short video, you can get a sense of how the hummingbirds were just swarming the area. I think the man said they had been feeding hummingbirds on this ranch for 25-30 years so they have quite the following who return each spring.
2 comments:
Bet the kids thought this was so cool, I know you did!
You guys are always doing cool things! How do you hear about this stuff? I also have become a bird fan in my old age :-) They are lots of fun to watch.
Post a Comment