Monday, September 7, 2009
1/2 Marathon
After just under two months of preparation, this weekend I ran in the Poky 1/2 Marathon. Even though it has been a bit difficult with our schedule to carve out time for my runs, it was well worth it as completing the race was such an awesome feeling. It has been over 6 years since my last official race so I was a bit nervous. But, thanks to a lot of good advice from my friend and veteran 1/2 marathon runner Mandi, and lots of verbal support from Jessica, Susan, and Brad, I boarded the bus to the starting line feeling like I was about as prepared as I could be at this point. The highlights of the race for me were seeing the kids and Brad cheering me on at about mile 8 and of course, crossing the finish line.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So so very proud of you!!! Never a doubt in my mind that you would finish with a great time. Good job!!! Now go eat some ice cream:-)
Great Job! Man I wish I could have run that too! I'm trying to get back to running. G is so pretty, I wish her and H could have had a chance to be better friends. H is going to pre-school out here in our little town.
Post a Comment