I knew having a c-section was going to limit my ability to lift Will for a while and had thought about a lot of things this would affect....but it never occured to me I would not be able to put him in and out of his crib until after the event. It seems as if Will had been trying to tell me there was going to be a need for some change as he had been rebelling in the form of taking up screaming for VERY long periods of time at every nap time and almost every bed time for the two weeks before Grant was born. So, we played musical beds and Grace has moved out of her cute little toddler bed into a twin bed and Will is now in his sister's old toddler bed (he always used to enjoy laying in it so he thinks he is pretty hot stuff). Both are absolutely THRILLED with the changes and Will is going to nap and bed time better than he ever has in his life. Grace also really enjoyed our shopping trip to pick out her new bedding, which is of course, pink. He doesn't always go right to sleep but it seems as if the freedom to choose when he lays down in his bed has made all the difference!+of+IMG_1728.JPG)
After over a week with the kids in the new beds, we can tell there is no going back to the old arrangement so a couple of days ago we raised the crib mattress and put all the cute baby bedding back in for Grant. It looks so cute and he looks so tiny in the big crib! Will is very excited for Grant to move into his bedroom but I don't anticipate that change happening for a little while.

2 comments:
Wow! That is so awesome that Will stays in his bed. Once my toddlers were free from the crib it was a fight to keep them in bed. I'm so glad for you that it has worked out. I love Grace's bedding too.
Yeah!!! An easy "switch-a-roo!" I'm so happy for you. I was dreading the transition to Austin's bed a few months ago and we have been SHOCKED at how great it's been! I'm starting to realize that most transitions in these early parenting years, are really much harder on us, not the kids! :-)
Your family is adorable and I'm SO glad Grant is thriving the way he is!
Post a Comment