Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Adjusting


Today my Mom arrives to help us out with Grant and with the kids. After such a smooth pregnancy and delivery, I will have to say these few days after have been a bit rough on me...an allergic reaction to something from the hospital (probably the detergent they use...me and my sensitive skin!) and a spinal headache from the spinal block. Yikes, this has not been fun. I thought my head and neck were going to launch right off my shoulders and blast into outer space. I'm glad it is me having rough spots and not Grant. He is doing well and we are just soaking him up. We've had so much help from our neighbors and also had several friends bringing us extremely yummy meals.

The kids seem to be adjusting well to Grant.....both of them like to hold him. Grace does so with a bit more finesse than Will but they both enjoy having him on their laps and giving him kisses. It is pretty hard on me not being able to pick up Will. ...he loves it when I hold him and is such a cuddle bug. I cannot even put him in or get him out of his crib or help him in/out of his booster chair at the table. Thank goodness we have helpers coming the next couple weeks in the form of Grandmas who will spoil him for me.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Awww, hon, sorry you're having a rough patch. I admire you so much, Claire! You are doing an amazing job having 3 kids and making it happen! Grant is beautiful. Take it easy and enjoy a little rest. XOXO

Corey Scott said...

Claire, he is amazing! We are so happy for you guys. Enjoy life with 3. I LOVE Grace's comment when she saw him for the first time. That is one for the books, although, she seems to have a lot of those. :) Love you!!!