So we have had a wild week around here in the work realm (audits, birthmoms delivering early, and me just trying to wrap up before our own baby arrives). The kids, who rarely have babysitters, seem to be spending a ton of time with people other than Mom and Dad. I don't even think Will has seen his Dad since Sunday morning....
Well, the big challenge as a Mom is coming up for me on Saturday. I haven't spent extended (by extended I mean never been away from Will overnight and Grace has only been camping with her Dad away from me...and when Will was born I was gone for a few nights) So as I was saying...I have spent no extended time away from the kids since, well, almost five years ago. Yes, I may sound lame to many people but with no family around this is life for us and well, we are just pretty uneventful in general.
So on Saturday, I am going to be at a retreat for work. Brad also has plans for work so this means a 3/4 of a day with a babysitter.....Brad will be returning late afternoon but I am going to be gone overnight. The babysitter is a great girl who knows the kids well and has done short sits for me while I'm doing home visits on a regular basis over the summer. Here comes the part when I become one of those Mom's. Tonight I typed a two page list of instructions for her. I am trying to laugh about it but I'm a bit stressed out leaving the kids. I think for my mental health I really need to have this break before the baby arrives but still I am kind of freaking out.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a good mom you are! What mom wouldn't leave a 2 page list for the babysitter. I totally agree. In fact, I was supposed to be in Las Vegas this week with Marc but decided not to go Sunday night, among other reasons I was also worried about my kids!! Moms are like that, right?
Post a Comment