Thursday, August 21, 2008

Open House


Grace had her pre-school open house yesterday, and thanks to my friend Jenny, I was able to go sans Will and really focus on making the event all about Grace and her first school experience. Grace absolutely loved her time in the classroom. They have a lot of fun toys, books, and of course the socializing with the other kids ranked high on her list. Basically, the teacher did little shortened activities that will take place during the normal school day so the kids would have an idea of what to expect. Grace's first day of school is Monday and she can hardly wait. Throughout the summer I have had mixed feelings about her going to school....somedays I wish she would be gone for full days and other times I am not quite ready for her to leave. But, she is really ready and I truly believe she will thrive. She loves keeping busy and interacting with other kids plus she is so inquisitive. I was wondering if Will would miss his Big Sis (and I think he will) but I was really suprised at how much Grace missed Will during her open house. She put his name on her craft because she was "thinking about him." Then, last night when we were laying him down she told him she would promise to tell him all about pre-school every night when she came home and that he was the best little brother in the world.

No comments: