Monday, July 2, 2007

shattered ego

Grace started swimming lessons today. She did awesome and has come a long way from since the beginning of the summer when she was scared of the baby swings. She jumped in from the side of the pool and went completely under in the 4 ft. They have the kids working on the basic freestyle stroke which they get them to do by telling them to scoop the water like their hands are ice cream scoops. On the way home she informed me the water is not ice cream but it would be cool if it was.

My shattered ego...well, tonight I was buying an item that flashed "ID REQUIRED" to the cashier. I made a comment about getting out my driver's license. The lady quickly informed me they only asked for identification on those who appeared to be younger than 27....ok, so maybe 30 is going to be harder than I thought!!!!

No comments: