Saturday, July 14, 2007

2nd Annual Major Appliance Blitz

Last July our fridge decides to run at about 50 degrees (note to others: a block of ice in the fridge doesn't last long nor does it maintain cold food) and this July the washing machine goes out. Thankfully, Brad managed to fix it...I was very impressed. So today the washer has been running non-stop since about 11 am and I will be folding and ironing until my 40th birthday to catch up.

Grace & her Dad went to a baseball game this evening...they are just pulling in now but it sounds like they had a lot of fun. Brad said Grace actually sat and watched about 3 innings of the game. She of course made a lot of friends and probably talked their ears off....

I on the other hand stayed home to a) do laundry and b) let Will go to bed on time. Maisy apparently had other plans that involved her catching a newborn mouse and running around the backyard with it half hanging out her mouth. Upon chasing her I find the deceased Mama Mouse and two other babies. (This is all taking place outside. If these guys find their way inside I will really freak out!) Running around the backyard with Will on one hip, carrying a shovel and a plastice bag is accomplishing nothing. I am frantic. These are tiny babies who are just opening their eyes. Their mom has passed on and although I do not want them around I cannot bring myself to do anything about it. I stand in the driveway with my gear and start flagging down my neighbor Mike to help me with the whole mouse situation. He is a brave man with too soft of a heart...he RELEASED the mice back into nature. I kind of hoping they would meet another fate....I just didn't want to be the one who did anything. Oh, and Maisy would not give up her mouse. She swallowed it alive and kicking....it later came back up but the story starts getting a little too much from here on out so I will just stop.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh boy....I'm sure Abby will LOVE the mice in exchange for lizards. Not me! Thanks for sharing your story, and while it made me chuckle I'm sure it was not fun at the time!