We took Will to Yellowstone for his first glimpse of some bison. He screamed the entire way there and the entire way back ( 2 1/2 hours one way). Each time we stopped the car to check on him, he stopped crying and would smile as I openned the back door...the little stinker! After our day of hiking (during which he was being held the entire time and therefore happy!), he screamed at the top of his lungs for about 40 minutes while we were driving out of the Park. I was convinced he had an ear infection and made Brad stop at the local grocery to buy some tylenol for the poor guy. It was the last bottle and I had to make a withdraw from Will's college fund to pay for such an item at the resort towns only grocery (call the attorney general over the price gouging!!!) I dosed him up and was just feeling terrible about his pain the entire three hour drive home. There was really no where to stop and we really just wanted to get him home.
Well, the second (I mean, the absolute second) we exited off the interstate he stopped crying. When we got home, he was happy as a lark. He had fun in the bath and went straight to bed...no screaming.
NOTE TO ALL PARENTS: TYLENOL DOES NOT RELIEVE PAIN FROM SEPARATION ANXIETY
More about our hiking adventures and a few pictures to follow soon!
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Poor Will - guess he really likes being safe at home or being held by Mom or Dad. Hope for your sake he outgrows this form of expression of what he doesn't like.
Grace sounded really excited about your bison sightings - anxious to hear more about them.
Glad "Old Faithful" put on a good performance for you on this trip.
Post a Comment