Sunday, April 22, 2007

Grace

At church today, it was like someone put a quarter in the monkey we call "grace." First off, the minister asked for our "amens" for the week...you know, people say the happy things from their week or the things they are thankful for. Grace's hand shoots up...I'm silently praying the minister won't see her small little hand from our perch in the back row....I am worried what is going to come out of her mouth. Brad and I are exchanging nervous glances. Just this morning Grace had a comment due to our clear shower door and I am just sure she is going to give an anatomically correct name describing Brad in the shower. Grace kept her hand up and wiggled it a bit to draw attention....she was then called on....and do you know what she said...she said she "really loves her brother William." Is that the sweetest thing!!!! She loves him so much. And here I was so worried about her!

Then it came time to hand out the birthday balloons for those celebrating a birthday in the past month. Grace is up with the kids and Chloe, her faithful companion doll, is with her. She tells the minister she would like a balloon. He matter of factly tells her he knows when her birthday is and it is not in April. Well, she tells him, Chloe's birthday is in March. How could he argue with that one....needless to say, we now have two balloons (one for Brad and one for Chloe)!!!

1 comment:

G&G D said...

These last stories are great. Grace is an amazing little girl. She must take after her mother.

Are you printing these out to add to her baby book? I see the start of a novel, with all she is bound to add in the coming years.