Saturday, November 3, 2012

Just Cuz 2012

This is a pretty funky pic of me in my opinion!
 But I love the afro and our matching shirts.
Lucy actually ran with that wig the entire 13.1 miles!
  What a trooper!
It's that time of year again for the Just Cuz 1/2 marathon.  I really like this run....it's got a quick start, rolling hills, the option of eating Twinkies at an aid station, and then a brutal finish with a gradual uphill that leads to a steep uphill that descends a short block to the finish line.  Plus, it is a themed run so every year you can dress up.  This year was Joe Fro or Zombies.  Neither theme was speaking to me, but my friend and I found some Jimi Hendrix t-shirts that worked out just fine.  My friend's sister in law went all out and found an afro wig so it completed our groups look! The weather this year was absolutely perfect...especially compared to last year when we slipped and slided down the first 4 or so miles!

This year I kind of had to talk my friend Michelle into running this race because she didn't think she would have enough time to get in some good mileage as her hubby has been transferred for work and she is living life as a single mom to four kiddos.  But, she humored me and signed up.  I'm so thankful she did because the family's move date got moved up and she will now be leaving next week instead of in 6-12 months.  I'm so glad we could get in this last race together.  Michelle has been a great friend and I am really going to miss having her in town.

No comments: