Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Week of See you Later's

G2 & his Buddy
This is really straight trouble.
 I do not like good-bye's....especially with people who have a special place in my heart...so this past week was kind of rough for my sensitive self.  First, I had to say farewell to my friend Michelle.  I met Michelle at the library storytime probably seven years ago and would see her and talk to her about once a week.  Then we were both pregger's with our youngest kiddos at the same time and we were about the oldest pregnant people hanging around the library (I'm not joking...like 15 years older!!!) so we bonded as we laughed about how people would think we were the Grandma's of our babies instead of the Mom's.  Then, we both had boys and so they have grown up attending the library together and our play dates have expanded to other places as well.  Michelle and I also both like to run so we talk about our aches and pains, our running schedules, and upcoming runs.  We tried to do a couple of the same runs so we could encourage and cheer each other on and I was so proud of Michelle when she completed her first marathon earlier this year. Well, Michelle's hubby got an awesome new job so they are off to Texas.  I will seriously miss Michelle.  I'm not sure she even knows how much I will miss her.  But ya know that friend you have who brings you a treat when you are having a bad day to cheer you up???  That is Michelle.  I wish their family the best of luck though...cuz this isn't all about me right?!?!?  And I feel pretty secure that I will get to see Michelle again....her Mom still lives in town.
Ms. Marcia and the boys

So if that wasn't enough, the librarian announced she is taking early retirement and also leaving. WHAT?!?!?!? Ms. Marcia has been the librarian for the past 7 years (knowing someone 7 years is apparently not my lucky number right now!)  and, as dorky as it sounds, we are faithful library story time attenders.  We pretty much never miss a week unless we are out of town or sick.  We started with Book Babies, graduated to Terrific Two's, and are now in the Big Kid story time.  My kids enjoy it and now that they are all above the age of 3, I get a 30 minute break where I can catch up with other Mom's (like Michelle!) or check out books for the next week for the kiddos.  My kids LOVE Ms. Marcia and she has done an excellent job.  We wish her the best of luck and I have a feeling we will see her again.  Her new home is sort of near where we drive to get back to our family and she said she would love to meet us for lunch sometime while we are driving through.  We are already looking forward to it!  


No comments: