 |
| G1 and her teammate/friend enjoying some pro soccer |
G1's soccer team had the honor of getting tickets to a Real Soccer game in SLC this summer. (Ok...so for you non-soccer people, it's not Real soccer but Re-Al...I just don't know how to type the little mark above the letters! So yes it is real soccer--not fake--but I'm trying to convey Re-Al here!) The girls wore their team uniforms and were able to go out on the field before the game began to sing the National anthem. It's a pretty cool stadium and we had just been there to watch the Women's US soccer team play so G1 was pretty jazzed up about going out on the field.
 |
G2 in his Argentinian soccer uniform.
He is dead serious that he plays soccer for Argentina. |
The boy's also enjoyed the game. Especially when our Real team started scoring goals and things got a little rowdy. The theme song for the team is a little odd, but catchy, and the kids got into the yelling and singing. G2 also loves wearing the soccer uniform handed down to him by his older siblings from a trip their Dad took to Argentina. He is dead serious when he talks about being a soccer player for the Argentinians. And if he sees someone else wearing an Argentina shirt, he will either say it is one of his teammates or his coach, etc.
 |
| During half time, G1 and her team got to scrimmage another team down on the field. |
I think I had been to a men's soccer game back in Charleston many moons ago, but I do not remember it being this fun. Our seats seemed pretty close to the field and we really enjoyed our time at the game. Men's soccer is way different than women's soccer (remember, we had just been to a women's soccer game a week before at the same stadium!)....men are so rough looking while they play while I think they women play with finesse...but both are great and it was so fun to watch. I think the hubby even enjoyed himself but I am not sure you will find him watching pro soccer on television quite yet!
No comments:
Post a Comment