Saturday, February 18, 2012

Dance Competition Season

It's late winter so it means dance competition season!   G1 & I have kind of made it our thing this year to travel to the competitions together, sharing meals and conversations over the course of the day.  I love the young lady she is growing into!!  G1 is in a dance group this year, Junior Performing Company or JPC, that is mostly comprised of girls who are one to two years older than her (she and one other girl are a whole grade level younger than everyone else) so it's been great for her to be challenged and to grow as a dancer.  I could really go on and on about all the benefits G1 has reaped from dancing---self-control, body awareness, memorization, self-confidence, the desire to practice to improve (I'm not listing her ability to shake her stuff because I am not quite sure that is a benefit......)

JPC has done amazingly well this year too so that is a HUGE confidence booster for these little ladies.  Their dance "School Dayz" has won the top award in most of the competitions so far this year.  I love watching G1 dance and hopefully soon I will get a great video of her two performance dances to share with you.  If you are my FB friend, you can check out the video that another dance mom posted on my page...it has a lot of yelling in it, but it shows the dance School Dayz really well.
Rio

School Dayz

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Way cool mom-daughter bonding time!