| So proud of their Dad |
Saturday, September 3, 2011
1/2 Marathon
This race marked my 5th 1/2 marathon and B's 1st 1/2 marathon. We thought running a 1/2 marathon together would be fun....and it was! But, training over the summer was not so great since with the three kiddos who cannot be left alone, we only got in two maybe three training runs together (and B had to push the two little ones which equals about 75 lbs around our very hilly neighborhood!!!!). B & I each have our own running styles which are quite opposite (B starts off fast and I usually have a stronger finish) and we were able to encourage each other at different points throughout the race. B ended up beating me by 3/10 of a second and I couldn't have been prouder of him!!! His time also got him a place on the podium in his age division! (OK, so I am proud but let me tell you if you take the tenths of a second off of our times...they are the same!)
Another extra special thing about this race is that my parents were out to visit us so they were a great help with watching our kids and driving them along the race course to cheer us on. I kind of felt like I was in high school having my parents come and watch me run. But, I LOVED IT! Plus, it was really fun having them at the post-race party.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good job, it's cute that y'all ran together and sweet that the whole fam was cheering you on.
Post a Comment