Thursday, August 4, 2011

Golf

G1 once again joined Junior Golf this summer and had a great time out on the course.  Each week I volunteered to drive a cart with a group and had the opportunity to watch G1 and a few other girls take what they had learned in their lessons and play a "real" game of golf.  The boys LOVE LOVE LOVE riding on the golf cart and were pretty well behaved....well, except the one yelling/whooping incident that I thought was going to end with us being kicked of the course.  Instead, it ended with this little old man (who I had thought was going to tell me to control my child when he came booking over from a different hole!) telling me he is so glad to see "youngsters" learning the game and enjoying getting outside and playing golf.  Whew!  Huge relief and a big thank you to this sweet Grandpa who understood I was trying my darnedest to teach my 4 year son the etiquette of golf and that the cart IS NOT a horse and you are NOT a cowboy.
2nd place
On the last day of Junior Golf, they have a tournament, and for the second year in a row, G1 earned 2nd place.  She was pretty thrilled with herself.  She likes to point out the the golfer on the top of her trophy is a girl...wearing a golfing skirt.  Her kind of lady.

No comments: