For the first time in 8 years, B & I got a little time away from the kids together. To say we were nervous about leaving them is an understatement....we knew they were going to be in good hands thanks to B's Mom coming out to spend the week with them....but they had never really been away from us. To help ease my mind I put together a three ring notebook with around 25 pages of typed notes about the Kozmo kids daily lives plus driving directions, phone numbers, a dinner plan, and various other things I felt were absolutely essential. A little embarrassed at myself? Yes. But it made me feel better since I knew we would be pretty hard to get a hold of. Well, the time came to leave and B, G2, and myself were diagnosed with strep throat. Not exactly the way I was hoping to start our adventures but the antibiotics stated working quickly and I just had to trust that everything was going to be OK.
And then we were off. Our cruise left from New Orleans. I was so excited to go to this city I had heard so much about. We arrived in town late and headed off to Bourbon Street so we could experience NOLA's famed party street. Let's just say there was someone from about every walk of life on that stretch of city blocks. Wow. Had my obligatory Hurricane, people watched, got myself some beads, and listened to some music. Analysis: If any of my kids say they are going to Mardi Gras the answer is absolutely not.
 |
| Bourbon Street |
The next morning we did a mega quick walking tour of the French Quarter. Saw St. Louis Cathedral and had a beignet and a coffee with chickory. Now it is time to get on the boat.
 |
Still a little nervous about the kiddos who have been left behind.
But one meal without having to get up to fill someones milk or
clean up a spill and I'm hooked on child free vacations! |
No comments:
Post a Comment