This year I decided to throw myself a little birthday party as an excuse to try out an activity I have been interested in for awhile but just didn't want to brave alone---so, I rounded up some friends for a group Nordic ski lesson. Cross country skiing is not hard but there are little tricks that definitely make things go more smoothly. We had a great time watching each other crash and catch on to these newly learned skills. To sum up the day---it was a BLAST! I'm a huge fan of Nordic skiing and cannot wait to get out on the trails again!
 |
| What an eager looking group |
 |
| Birthday Girl and B |
 |
| Future Olympians---can you say Sochi 2014? |
 |
| Cruising downhill on Nordic ski's is not as easy as it looks |
After a vigorous afternoon of skiing, we took a little break to rejuvenate and then we hosted another birthday party at our house where we talked about what great Nordic skiers we are. Then we Wii danced into the early hours of the morning.
 |
| This girl is serious about her Wii dance moves |
I have some great videos of us dancing but since I value my life, I don't think I will post any.
Thanks to everyone (near and far) who made my birthday so wonderful!!!
2 comments:
That is a lovely pose of me! I have great moves....;) And I love the picture of you coasting down the hill and me in the background, trying to turn myself around. I had a blast, even if half of it was spent on my bum!
i didn't notice that was you in the background. ha! you should see the videos of you dancing or the video of you skiing....and you were only on your bum because you were trying out some awesome moves on skis!
Post a Comment