Monday, May 25, 2009

The Adventures of W

Will's surgery at Primary Children's Hospital was an adventure and although I am glad to report the actual surgery went well, nothing else with the procedure seemed to go that smoothly. From difficulties with the anesthesia to the stitches coming out, a trip to the ER, infection, and an unexpected trip to the pediatrician for a late night follow up, it has been kind of stressful on us. Of us parents, I would have previously have voted myself as having the stronger stomach. That award now goes to Brad who had to handle all the post-op difficulties while I was dizzy with nausea and having buckling knees when I saw the incisions. Two weeks after the surgery, Will's hands look great with just minimal swelling. He is moving around and using his thumbs and hands with ease!
On a different Will note, his latest obsession is trains. He LOVES them. The boys and I go down to the rail yard on a weekly basis while Grace is at dance. If they are working on the closest tracks, we are VERY close to the action, which is very cool. Both boys love watching the trains driving by and doing various jobs of moving cars around the tracks. It is actually very interesting and I love watching how excited Will gets. He is so serious and focused while watching the trains....super cute!

2 comments:

HARKER FAMILY said...

I am so sorry to hear that Will had to have surgery, that could not be easy, but I am glad to hear that all went well. We hope everything is going well for you guys and I can not believe how big Grace is. It is hard to believe that is has been 4 years since our Virgina adventures.

Jessica said...

Bless your heart! I know Will's surgery and complications have been traumatic, glad to hear that he is healing nicely now. Love the train pics! What a fun and educational thing to do while waiting for Grace.