Sunday, December 7, 2008

Will's Christmas Moose

No, this picture is not to show off my stellar Christmas light display, it is for you to look really closely at and see Will looking through his bedroom window. This week, the kids and I put up the very minimal lights that you can see (Grace is requesting lights on the roof but I told her she has to take that one up with her Dad). Will is OBSESSED with the deer which he has given the majestic honor of being called "MOOSE." He stands in his window for long periods of time (like 20 minutes...an eternity for a 2 year old) and will shout "MOOSE, MOOSE" while Grace, Grant, and I take turns sitting with him and looking at the moose out his window. I must agree with him that the moose is pretty darn cool--it moves its head and is all lit up. I love how this one decoration makes him so happy. He also goes crazy when we drive up to the house at night when it is on or if we pass another house with a similar decoration. Will is just showing us how to take pleasure in the simple things in life...seeing the world from the eyes of a two year old truly brings life into perspective and makes you slow down quite a bit. If you click on the bottom picture, you can get an upclose view of him yelling and pointing for me to notice the moose while I am outside taking his picture.

2 comments:

Jenny and Kevin said...

He's a true, moose-loving ID boy!

Sarah said...

I think that light display IS pretty stellar! Isn't it so fun to enjoy the little things so much more with kids? They get so excited. I can't imagine Christmas without them now. :-)