Thursday, February 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to me

Today I turned another page in the book of life and I will have to say the last year has been a good one. The excitement of watching the kids change and grow is enough to keep me on my toes and to be content and happy. The day started bright and early with Grace crawling into to bed with me to give me a big hug which turned into her going back to sleep and then laying there and kicking me in the back. I do not understand why kids kick so much in their sleep. Then Will woke up just as bright and early (before the time allowed to be removed from the crib!) and decided to howl his version of Happy Birthday at the top of his lungs. He unfortunately did not go back asleep and so the day began.

When Grace awoke for the second time, she came springing out with her "BIRTHDAY GIRL" tiara and told me that I could wear it today. I will have to say that it felt pretty good to stroll around the house with a silver crown with pink feathers on it. I contemplated wearing it to the library but removed it in the end.

Then off to lunch with our friends Jenny and Leo. Jenny is a pretty cool gal and had the wait staff sing "happy birthday" to me and I also got a raspberry shake out of the whole deal. Next we headed to the petting zoo, which all the kids enjoyed. There was a white turkey there that seemed to really enjoy Jenny and I which was evidenced by his gobbler turning from white to red when we would approach. Quit flattering for an old turkey to strut his stuff and show off for a couple of 30-somethings!

The rest of my day was filled with phone calls, cards, and too much yummy food!!! I really have some great people in my life, which I am so thankful for. Now I am looking forward to dinner with Brad and the family tomorrow evening to continue the celebration!

No comments: