Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy (belated) Valentine's Day!!!

So our Valentine's Day was a little crazy...first, we continued with Will having a high fever and being quite lethargic. After consulting my mother in law, I decided to call the Peiatrician. They said to bring him in. Will's rapid, short breaths led us to getting a chest x-ray where they said things are not quite right...in addition to an ear infection. He is now on some high power antibiotics in hopes that the lung clears up....Will is still QUITE grumpy but is at least now crawling around. He hasn't eaten since Wednesday (he has only drank Pediasure!!! the kid has got to be hungry!!!)

Because Will was just not feeling well, we missed all of Grace's Valentine celebrations. Thinking Will would sleep, I told Grace we could make a cake for her Dad (and of course, herself!)to help ease her sadness. Since Will screamed if I set him down, we did the whole cake baking thing one handed...man I was wishing I had a cake mix on hand! I got this brillant idea to use cake flour and when it says it makes light fluffy cakes, it isn't joking! The cake rolled over the sides of the pan and the house smelled like a giant piece of burnt toast! The cake still tasted wonderful but the house was not too inviting when Brad walked in the door.

Again, my one handed situation put a damper on any dinner plans I had so when Brad called from work, I askd him if it would be ok if we just ordered Chinese food....we did and it tasted yummy.

This morning I awoke with a bit of soreness between my shoulder blades as a result of lugging 19 lbs of Will around for the past two days. He is still wanting to be held but is venturing out a bit. Hopefully he will be on the mend soon!

1 comment:

Alix Bryant said...

poor little guy, i hope he gets feeling better soon! can't you strap him in the backpack or something??? :)